|Version 19 (modified by r.marek@…, 7 years ago)|
Lm_sensors - Linux hardware monitoring
About this project
This is the home page for the effort of building and providing some essential tools for monitoring the hardware health of Linux systems containing hardware health monitoring hardware such as the LM78 and LM75. Read more here.
This ongoing project includes general libraries and hardware-specific software. Much of the work done could not have been done without the many knowledgable programmers who laid down the foundation.
This site also hosts the Linux I2C project files; I2C packages and the I2C Subversion server access are available on our download page.
Call to Device Manufacturers: Our efforts are now concentrated on adding support for new devices. If you wish to send us samples, datasheets, or project donations (hardware, software, etc.), please drop us an email.
- May 29th, 2006: Switching from CVS to Subversion. We are migrating our source repository from CVS to Subversion on a different machine. The new repository will be hosted by Axel Thimm. Many thanks to Philip Edelbrock and Edge Design for hosting the CVS repository for the past 8 years!
- March 22nd, 2006: Donation''' We have received the P5MT-S motherboard from ASUS and the processor plus memory from Winbond. This will help us with the W83792D driver testing and improvements. Many thanks!
- February 14th, 2006: 2.10.0 Released''' See the CHANGES document for details. Go to the download page for download instructions. See the README document for additional warnings and information. Please note: You will need to install the libsysfs library (or a dev package from your distribution) is you want support for Linux 2.6, because libsensors now depends on it.
- January 29th, 2006: 2.10.0 Coming Soon''' See the CHANGES document for what's coming. Please help test CVS and let us know if you have any problems. The plan is to release 2.10.0 by the second week of February.
- December 30th, 2005: Switching to Trac. The project maintainers decided to switch over to Trac (a nice tool to manage projects such as lm_sensors) as well as Subversion (a version control system, similar to CVS). It will take some time to perform the switch, please be patient.
- November 19th, 2005: Call to VT8231 users. We are currently in the process of porting the integrated sensors vt8231 driver to Linux 2.6. We're almost done, but now we need testers for both the new 2.6 driver and the old 2.4 driver, which we had to update as well. Please help if you can.
- November 4th, 2005: Donation''' Thanks to Barracuda Networks for the donation of a motherboard with CPU and memory for development and testing of Fintek F71805F support!
- October 29th, 2005: Donation''' Thanks to Aweta for the generous donation of a complete system for development and testing of PC87431 support!
- September 18th, 2005: CVS Status The libsensors userspace library now depends on libsysfs. Therefore, you must build and install the sysfsutils package before building the lm-sensors userspace. The sysfsutils package is here.
Older news can be found here.
About this Wiki
This wiki is used to hold all the nifty things that one might want to know about the lm_sensors project. Nearly all content in it can be modified by you, the users. You're welcome to contribute, any help is appreciated.